Help me decide!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlittonvt

Feb 7, 2009
Va
Hi all,
I am trying to determine which wood boiler to buy, a heatmaster 5000 or a central boiler 5036. Dealer says 1 is not really better than the other, but the central is more expensive. Any info??? Thanks!

Hi Robz5.0 and welcome,
I do not know anything about either unit but I do know some things to consider when making this decision,price,boiler material(construction metal type stainless steel, or boiler plate),metal thickness,design (round fire box or square),type of burning system(top air feed, bottom air feed number of fans = to electric used) ,number of gallons of water,fire box size,ease of install,fit and finish,part avalibility, track record... This is an incomplete list and some of these items are not better or worse but work differentally in different applications..SHOP AROUND AND MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION!! DO YOUR HOMEWORK there is a lot of hype and BS in todays wood boiler advertising, use the web and ask questions DON"T DIVE IN till you've researched and learned enough along the way to make a 30 year commitment..I now pronounce you man and boiler...Best of luck to you..Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.