Help me find an insert for a tight fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ewlsey

Dec 5, 2014
Peoria, IL
My fireplace has a bit of a tricky shape, and I want to wedge in a bigger insert. I'm currently using an Avalon Pendleton. It works fine, but the 1.2 cu-ft firebox will barely make it all night, and it's sure not making any heat come morning.

The fireplace is 28" wide at the front opening. It tapers to 23" wide at the back. The depth is 18". The back wall slopes forward at the top, so if the insert is more than 20" tall, the depth will be less than 18". It's a full brick masonry fireplace.

The Pacific Energy Super insert looks like a perfect fit. It's non-catalytic, and loads North-South. Both of those things are great features to me. The only think I don't like is the $3k price tag.

Is there anything out there with the same footprint that is a little less expensive? I will do the install myself and reuse my 6" liner.

If you want to go real budget the Englander 13NCI, Timberwolf EPI22 and Century CW2500 may be potential options if they fit. Their firebox sizes will be an improvement over the Pendleton but you may still not get a full overnight burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.