Help me find the culprit; My brain or my 45 degree elbow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kburns23

Aug 15, 2008
Central Maine
Dear Hearth.com Readers,

I'm having an issue installing my Englander 25-PDV.

I'm trying to do a corner install but no matter which way I try, when I twist and lock pipe from the 45 degree elbow to the clean out tee, the tee will not point straight up and down. I've tried several pieces of pipe in between and directly to no avail. Could the angle of the elbow be off from the slots on the elbow, or am I just too simple to understand this stuff? :)

I'll go to Aubuchon's in the morning and cross my fingers that A) they have another elbow and B) it looks different from the one I have.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone here may have.

Look Dude, why waste your time and mostly your aggravation? They do have around the pipe minor adjustment pieces at Ventingpipe.com. Get a slight angle pipe and set yourself up....And tomorrow you will be sailing and you won't even hear these words I speak. These V.P. com. People are even open on sunday.

cci excel pellet pipe slides together and has a internal high temp silicone gasket built in ,no need for twist lock
i know you already bought your pipe this might help somebody else out

jack1888 said:
Outside ring on female side of 45 should rotate to give you adjustment

That it dose, those dam 45's should come with instructions on the stickers it took me a few minunits to figure that it was possable and I use to install home heating systems.

Thanks for all the help.

Adjusting the ring would make it so the bend was no longer parallel with the ground if that makes sense.

Come to find out, I did have a bad elbow. The non adjustable part of the elbow needed to be adjusted (my brain is ok for now) :)

Aubuchon's had another one that works fine without additional adjustment.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.