Help me Fine Tune my Draft Adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 30, 2006
Far Northern Calif. Coast
I'd like to determine the ideal draft setting for my Regency Warmhearth (like this one: http://www.regency-fire.com/Wood/Fireplace/Z2510/).

I have a thermometer just above the door, in the center. I usually get the temperature up to about 400 degrees, and then close the draft lever to somewhere between 30% and 40%. I get nice flames coming out of the tubes at the top; these stick around as long as the temperature stays up. It often gets up to 500-575 degrees.

I strive for a glowing bed of coals with the lazy flames. There's usually some smoke coming out the chimney.

Any way to determine the best draft setting for the highest efficiency? Perhaps I can stop it down as much as I want as long as the temperature stays above 450 or so??

Thanks,

Attachments

• Warmhearth.jpg
    Warmhearth.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.