Help me identify PLEASE!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick

Nov 13, 2013
Marlow, Oklahoma
Hello and thanks for the great forum! I just inherited this wood burning insert and cannot find any model info for it. What I do know is the ash fender had a data plate on it at one time. The windows are square as are the doors. The blower is at the bottom and slides out in one piece. Exhaust is 8inch. Thanks to anyone who can identify it.
2013-11-13-221525.jpg 2013-11-13-221538.jpg

Look at the inside of the door castings for a mark.

My first guess is an older US Stove Forester Insert. But others looked very similar, including certain stoves from Martin Industry, King or Ashley branded.

Not sure having the brand is going to do you much good, though. Most parts would probably be relatively generic and it's unlikely any maker is providing factory parts (chance are company is not around any longer)...

Look at the inside of the door castings for a mark.

My first guess is an older US Stove Forester Insert. But others looked very similar, including certain stoves from Martin Industry, King or Ashley branded.

Not sure having the brand is going to do you much good, though. Most parts would probably be relatively generic and it's unlikely any maker is providing factory parts (chance are company is not around any longer)...

Inside of door says 12 L.H. small i think

Need more light to see air controls, handles, blower details. Forester had wooden handles, but the springs are a common replacement.

Does the blower look like this?
Here's the blower breakdown from Sears parts for Forester. They were a Kenmore product at Sears sold under the Forester brand;

KENMORE Forester Blower Assy.png

#143840500 Forester Cabinet;

KENMORE Forester Cabinet.png

Reactions: webbie
Status
Not open for further replies.