Help me pick a 60cc saw!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it now I'm curious I'm gonna go see how many boxes of 308 I have and take a walk in the woods. Lol :)

I have about 150 rounds of .30-30 purchased in the 1990s that could be used for such an experiment.

On one hand, I feel like I should use it; on the other hand, every time I use old ass ammo, I get that round that just goes 'click'. Then it's that special time when a reasonable person would jam the gun in a safe direction and go do something else for a while, but in which I try to wait it out.

I use the time to think. "How long is it before you're really sure that old primer isn't doing a slow burn? Will ejecting the round kick it off? The shell being lighter than the bullet, wouldn't the shell be the most dangerous projectile? Has the local ER ever seen someone with a brass shell embedded in their forehead before? How much shrapnel would there be if it went off as soon as the ejector kicked it? Surely by NOW it would have gone off if it was going to, right? I should just eject the damn thing. Of course, I don't like shrapnel and this is an expensive gun. Look how close the ejector port is to my squishy eyeballs. Maybe another minute. Maybe if I dug a hole and ejected the round into that. I don't have all day here. Of course expensive gun, squishy eyeballs. Hmmm. Maybe one more minute..."

(And to those wanting to point out that I could avoid all this by not using vintage ammo, I say, 'Hold my beer and watch this!')

Reactions: D8Chumley
This thread is so far in da weeds I think it is time to give it a dignified EOL. Hopefully the OP has got his saw by now.;lol

Reactions: pen and Grateful11
Status
Not open for further replies.