Help me to understand this CL listing . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowleopard

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2009
Okay, so I'm trying to picture what the man cave will look like without the Westminster chimes clock, and it's not working for me . . .

MAN CAVE SALE - $1 (North Pole)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-09-27, 2:10PM AKDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREPARING TO MOVE - MOSTLY GUY STUFF HERE AND A LITTLE FURNITURE.

COMPUTER DESK (SAUDER) WITH HUTCH FOR BOOKS, KEYBOARD SHELF 20.00
MIRRORED CLOSET DOORS - NEW - 20.00
ASSORTED PLUMBING - COPPER LINE, BLACK PLASTIC
BREAD MACHINE - 20.00
NITRO RACING BOOTS, SIZE 9 15.00
WOMENS FIGURE SKATES SIZE 7 10.00
AIR CLEANER - 200.00
KEROSENE HEATER WITH KEROSENE 30.00
TONY LITTLE GAZELLE 25.00
GRANDFATHER CLOCK WITH MOON PHASE, WESTMINISTER CHIMES 300.00
ASSORTED HINGES, BOLTS, NUTS, ETC BO
OAK PEDESTAL TABLE WITH FOUR CHAIRS - EXCELLENT CONDITION 200.00
3 ATT SMART PHONES - MOT. BACKFLIP, PALM TREO, PALM PRE 50.00 EACH

Not to mention a bread machine and women's figure skates. :mad:

Sorry, I can't help you understand that.

sounds to "me" like they got rid of everything else, and the girl's gone too..........don't see anything there about a wood stove.

-Soupy1957

Sounds like his man cave is like mine - an open spot in the cellar, surrounded by all the accumulated junk that has no other place in the house.
WOOD STOVE NOT FOR SALE

Jack Wagon said:
Perhaps a Harvard Club Man Cave!

Sorry. Wrong coast. I do not know that of which you speak.

hossthehermit said:
Sounds like his man cave is like mine - an open spot in the cellar, surrounded by all the accumulated junk that has no other place in the house.
WOOD STOVE NOT FOR SALE

Now I've got the picture: cellar--straightbacked wooden chair---bare lightbulb dangling above from a wire--and a guy sitting there holding a beer with an `am I having fun yet?' look on his face. But he can go to work and throw the phrase `man cave' around with the best of them.

That's.just.sad.

Nah, done right it can be more like this. I don't know what that guy's problem(s) is(are).

Attachments

• cave.jpg
    cave.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 183
Perhaps if I forwarded that picture to him, he might have a better sense of the possibilities inherent in the mancave.

Oak pedastal table--no. Oak round for footstool--yes.

Tony Little Gazelle--no. Chainsaw--yes.

Air cleaner--no. Gaps in siding for ventilation and light--yes.

Westminster-chime clock--no. Calendar marking off days until hunting season opens--yes.

Three smart phones--no. One phone with charger not plugged in--yes.

Bread machine--no. Beer cooler--yes.

Mirrored closet doors------mirrored closet doors?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.