Help me with my vc vigilant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msdconley

Oct 11, 2008
Central Maine
I just bought a vermont castings vigilant and come to find out it is a vigilant I. This stove has an oval opening coming out of the stove and I need to find a way to get it to 8" round. The oval measures 5 7/8x 10 3/4, I can't find a pipe to do this in this size. From what I have found out with the vigilant I the size is different. Does anyone know of something I can do? I am anxious to start my stove and get warm. Any ideas would help. Maybe I just need to try and sell this and buy a different stove.

On mine that I had I just took a 8" pipe and ovalized it and it worked fine. I just but pressure on it and tested and then kept repeating until it fit properly and screwed it in place. Not sure if that is the right way to do it but it worked just fine.

I think these still may be sold for the coal stoves. 8" oval to round adapters are also available new from Simpson in DVL double wall (#8870) or in their single wall pipe DuraBlack (#1875)

A good VC store that has been in business a while should have them in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.