HELP! My new gas logs are beeping at me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawny

Jan 29, 2006
I have new RH Peterson Real Fyre gas logs. They were installed a week ago. Today I had them on for five hours then suddenly the fire went out and they started beeping at me. I called the store where I bought them (Offenbacher's Rockville MD) and they told me to disconnect the two wires from the remote. Right now I am thinking that I will burn myself if I do that. Anyway, I don't see anything in the fireplace even with a flashlight. I know that there is supposed to be some sort of box in there. I left a message for the installer but they have a message saying they are busy and they return calls twice a week. There is nothing in the materials about this. I don't smell gas but it doesn't look like the pilot light (if that is what it is) is on.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks,

Jane

change the batteries in both the remote and ther remote receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.