Help name our new puppy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the grade of mischief at the time;
Katt
Katty
Katty Bear

All my pets end with Bear. My wife thinks I'm obsessed.

Reactions: DexterDay
All my pets end with Bear. My wife thinks I'm obsessed.

I have noticed a trend with my critter names:
Bud
Brandy
The next will be Jack.

Reactions: DexterDay
Cotton...

Blue Beard

I agree with Gary 602 Sophie is a perfect name for that little cutie.

Sure, cute now but give it 18 months
Start calling her "Beast", it has the vocal inotations a dog can recognize.
Which would you prefer when she's running up and down the street, yelling out "Come here Snuggy muffin's!!", or yelling "Beast! Come hither!"
Your call. ;)

Ooooooooh, Snuggy Muffins. Is that Honey Boo Boo's sister?

Neighbor's black lab is called Daisy. Don't name your dog Daisy.

How about Anastasia? Or Nicole? Or Vanna or Betty... White.

Thanks for all of the ideas. So many to choose from but it comes down to the mrs. and at this point she is pretty much settled on LULU.

Yes, another thread asking for input, which is then completely ignored. Human nature. IMHO Lulu is probably better suited for a yappity micro mutt, but whatever makes the females happy usually makes life easier for us males.

I used to have to name the dogs when I bread them. 12-14 per litter, Great Pyrenees crosses. They were only temporary names until they were sold and usually re-named by their new owners. Some names stuck though. Names like "Blobby" and "Ripper" were usually dropped. "Two Spot" was kept though. I also named the pigs that we raised for meat. I used cowboy names for them like Red, Clint, Dusty, etc.

Funny story....When we were kids, we found a stray and dad ket us keep him. Then, the name fight started. After my dad hearing my sister an I arguing, he yelled, " that's it, we are naming him D-O-G, dog!" My sister and I both started laughing and from that day until he died at 12 years old, his name was Deeohji :)

I think cauliflower when I see that coat but that isn't a good dog name.

My vote is for Chloe cute name cute dog!

My vote is for Chloe cute name cute dog!

I think AP already has that name sewn up for his critter. Can't have two hearth members with the same dog names, it'll confuse the heck out of me.;lol

Sophia is my wife's pic when she saw the photo.

I've got a doodlebra'dore too, can't believe you don't want to call her HEARTH! :)

Did you name your little one yet? I always liked John Wayne's name for his in one of his movies. Dog.
Seriously though, nice looking little one you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.