HELP NEEDED from Maine/New England Area Residents-- BEWARE of Adobe Boiler & Phillip Dougherty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillip Dougherty of 25 Ashley Ave, Glenburn ME 04401 shut down his Adobe Boiler website over a month ago after refusing to communicate with any of his PAID IN FULL customers about issues , complaints, defective components, etc........ His sleazy and underhanded response to complaints filed with the ME Attorney General---I no longer have any ties to Dirigo Manufacturing. (This is his LLC registered in Nevada) What's a poor lowlife thief to do but close up shop and start anew and prey on other honest people. NOW he has a new phone message that states everyone must contact Adobe by several e-mail addresses with no other way to contact them. His excuse is there is such a HIGH DEMAND for his furnaces and someone will contact you. BEWARE ANYONE considering purchasing anything from him. He has not contacted me once since my initial attempt in March 2007. Phillip Dougherty also sells insurance for a living in his home state. BUYER BEWARE of insurance products sold by this individual. People PLEASE listen to his message @ 1-877-498-1556 or his newest number 775-636-9838. His business name (Insurance sales) is ASSociation Services , 25 Ashley Ave, Glenburn ME 04401 with a home phone number of 207-942-2172. He continues to refuse to answer any phone messsages to this date. DOES ANYONE IN HIS AREA KNOW THE REAL PHILLIP DOUGHERTY ? Anybody with any info can PM me. For more info on Adobe Boiler/Phillip Dougherty problems go to Adobe Problems-Owners Unite on this site. Any help would be appreciated, especially from ME residents. Thanks in advance.

sinnian said:
Keep up the pressure. The ME Attorney General's office is pretty tenacious.

If you can catch him being a thief selling insurance, then you can get your pound of flesh. Won't help you out with your Adobe t
hough.

Exactly, his LLC takes care of " I no longer have any ties to Dirigo Manufacturing " which was the name Adobe Boiler was sold under. Knowing what I know and have experienced dealing with him , why would he change his way of doing business with ANY person . I am not the only person who has a complaint against him. He has ripped off people in ME who actually built the boilers for him to sell. Attorney General complaints reach from NH to MN and up to the Great White North of Newfoundland. The man has no conscience. There is much more to this story than meets the eye. Thanks for your support.

Unfortunately, our system of justice allows folks to open up LLC's and Corporations and pretty much have a limited liability. It comes down to buyer beware, which if nothing else is a good reason not to buy brands which do not have a company or manufacturer who is relatively well known or has been in biz for a couple decades.

Sadly, ripping off is all too common in the world.

Hopefully, you can inform his current employer or the insurance commissions, etc.....who knows? You might get your pound of flesh, but in general all one can do is lick their wounds.

Webmaster said:
Unfortunately, our system of justice allows folks to open up LLC's and Corporations and pretty much have a limited liability. It comes down to buyer beware, which if nothing else is a good reason not to buy brands which do not have a company or manufacturer who is relatively well known or has been in biz for a couple decades.

Sadly, ripping off is all too common in the world.

Hopefully, you can inform his current employer or the insurance commissions, etc.....who knows? You might get your pound of flesh, but in general all one can do is lick their wounds.

Yes , I got suckered , I thought I did my homework. I'm now here trying to warn others of my mistake--- trying to spread the word on the " great demand " of these furnaces ( some more word play on Phil's new phone message-- they were boilers when I got taken). His integrity is unbelievably in question-- no contact with his customer in over 16 months !!! Now would anyone believe that he would have any principles,morals,etc. in his sales of anything else namely INSURANCE products!!! Again , if anyone knows anything please PM me. Thanks to Craig and everyone else!!!

Heck, in a country where a guy qualified for Exterminating Bugs makes it to the House Majority Leader, anything is possible! In fact, screwing people probably gives you MORE capability to sell many things........

Hopefully, these boilers are not still for sale. We site appears shut down or redirected in a strange way.

Hey, he will get his.....sooner or later, hopefully sooner. Our forum comes up pretty quickly on a google search for Adobe boilers, so we can assume new buyers will find out the history.

The phone numbers in the first post are still working--- listen to the 1-877 # , both numbers have the same message. Adobe website has been down over a month. Before this forum he was relatively unknown but not now!!!

To ALL who have dealt with or bought an Adobe Boiler from Phillip Dougherty, anyone who purchased a boiler and did’nt receive the correct one, anyone whose side panels rusted out in less than a years time, anyone who Phil refused to contact, anyone who had Phil refuse to honor the boiler warranty, etc., etc., etc. ALL PEOPLE who have had the typical less than satisfactory dealings with Phillip Dougherty must contact the Maine Attorney General and file a complaint. I have spoken with the Maine Insurance Bureau as Phil sells insurance products for a living. Mr. Hosford, attorney in Licensing, told me that he will contact the ME AG on Monday(06/30) to inquire about complaints against Phil. My mediator is Patricia Ohler and is in the office on Mondays from 11:00AM-4:30PM only . PLEASE contact her or someone else to pass on your story in time for Mr. Hosford to get the real/full story on Phil. As Phil is less than ethical in his sales of his wood boilers, this raises questions about his integrity with his insurance sales. PLEASE ANYONE WITH INFO ON PHIL---CONTACT THE MAINE AG ON MONDAY MORNING TO PASS ON YOUR STORY@ 207-626-8850. Thank you all.

Normally, I would not allow these forums to be used for such heavy dissing, but in this case I believe there may be no "other side of the story".........and I think the consumer protection is worth the effort. If even a couple folks got on here and said Adobe was taking care of them...or if their was a valid site or contact who answered.....

Just don't want to set too much precedent - but this one seems simple (at first glance).

Carry on....

Unfortunatly, these type of things are sort of becoming common in Maine. With unemployment rates so low and industry leaving the state there is an excess of grant money and no interest loans. I know a local paper mill closed down a few years ago and you should have seen the companies coming out of the woodwork. As long as they had a good business plan and promised to hire some people they were walking away with hundreds of thousands of dollars in grant money. They would live the high life and make it appear that they were trying to make a run of it, but after the grant money was gone, so were they. They would say how they just couldn't make it and were forced to shut down. Sorry to hear that you were taken by what I suspect is one of these people who took advantage of the LLC clause.

I'm curious if anyone has e-mailed sales,parts,service,or [email protected]. I e-mailed sales @adobeboiler.com because it was the only address that would not come back failed delivery. I questioned when they were going to address my problems with their faulty product. Guess what, I even got a reply back---"The build on site boiler does not offer a warranty except for 30 days on parts. The warranty has been posted on the site since 2003 stating the warranty." NICE TRY PHILLIP DOUGHERTY--- I purchased my boiler PAID IN FULL on March 16,2007. I'd tell everybody to visit adobeboiler.com like my e-mail response says but the ADOBE BOILER WEBSITE DOES'NT EXIST ANYMORE. But I will tell everybody to visit archive.org and search for adobeboiler.com . Phillip Dougherty apparently "updated" the adobeboiler website NINE TIMES in seven months. If you read the Mar. 02,2007 website---BUILD ON SITE/WARRANTY--" THE SAME PRODUCT WARRANTY APPLIES". I've got a twenty year limited warranty and still waiting on Phillip Dougherty,Adobe Boiler, and Dirigo Manufacturing as "ALL WARRANTEES ARE SUBJECT TO INVESTIGATION AT DIRIGO MANUFACTURING'S EXPENSE". Another funny thing I found at manta.com---search for Dirigo Manufacturing on June 28,2008--Est Annual Sales--???. I do the same search today and find Est Annual Sales--$500,000!!!!!!!!!! Spread the word people!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my reply about the boiler "warranty" was from, get this, The Service Center for Dirigo Manufacturing. The Dirigo Manufacturing, Charter # 20080280FC, LLC, not in good standing, Phillip Dougherty-PO Box 344 Hampden ME 04444 as registered agent. How can I get a response from a company that no longer exists and Phillip Dougherty claims he no longer has any ties to . NICE TRY AGAIN PHILLIP DOUGHERTY!!!

Just received e-mail from the Better Business Bureau in eastern Mass.,Maine, and Vermont. BBB mailed Phillip Dougherty/Adobe Boiler twice and received no response back. No surprise. The story continues.

Previously I mistakenly posted on the Adobe Problems-Owners Unite site that Phillip Dougherty's LLC was registered in FL. His LLC is still registered in NV but he has changed his "professional" registered agent ---those are the people that get all that nasty paperwork like Service of Process, lawsuits, etc. because some people don't want others to see such things happen at their place/home of business.
Funny how Phil stated to the ME Attorney General he no longer had any ties to Dirty, oops I mean Dirigo Manufacturing. Take a look at his new and improved adobeboiler.com website and gee there it is ---it must be a different Dirigo Manufacturing.

Well, chalk another one up for the bad guys. Adobe Boiler no longer exists and Phillip Dougherty of Glenburn ME disappears again.
His www. adobeboiler.com website goes down after he liquidates whatever junk he has on hand and he creates www.enterpriseboiler.com.
The ME Attorney General concluded my mediation of my complaint and stated if I desire to pursue this matter further I may have the right to bring a private legal action. This guy refuses to address warranty issues , defrauds people by not delivering the product people paid for and walks away without as much as a slap on the wrist. The AG goes on to state these complaints are part of the business's file ------sorry,dollar short, day late---Adobe Boiler doesn't exist.
Enterpriseboiler is the latest flavor of the week for Phillip Dougherty-----No contact phone # just an e-mail contact . Send me your money please.
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another domain name up for sale...

Sorry to hear of your problems and thank you for trying to warn other potential victims. You might want to amend the title of this thread to include the new name for this alleged crook's company (with Craig's blessing, of course).

I don't see any company info on the new site ie: address, contact info, etc.
Buyer beware!

Chris

Redox said:
Another domain name up for sale...

Sorry to hear of your problems and thank you for trying to warn other potential victims. You might want to amend the title of this thread to include the new name for this alleged crook's company (with Craig's blessing, of course).

I don't see any company info on the new site ie: address, contact info, etc.
Buyer beware!

Chris
Thanks for your support! I just got back from a short vacation and had a message on my phone from the Maine A.G.---we'll have to wait and see what happens---things have taken a different direction....
I just hope anyone who has any idea of purchasing anything from Phillip Dougherty or has heard of Adobe Boiler,Enterprise Boilers, or is redirected to his www.enterpriseboiler.com from www.outdoorboilers.com finds www.hearth.com.
I hope you have read both Adobe Boiler threads from start to current to see what WE have gone through, this is not MY story. I chose to relay all info I could to others to warn the average Joe from getting it stuck you know where!! All owners of Phillip Dougherty's Adobe Boiler that I have talked to and keep in contact with tell the same story-----THEY GOT RIPPED OFF!!!
Yes, the new and improved website www.enterpriseboiler.com provides the buyer even less information than ever before. Watch the chameleon change his colors...

Status
Not open for further replies.