Help needed installing Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronsink12306

Feb 2, 2015
Ny
Hi I recently moved into a place and it had a pellet stove its a Kozi Model 100 stove the previous owner was just operating it on manual. But I would like the stove to be able to be the primary source of heat and be able to cycle thru when I am not right near it to feed it it has a MC Control Board with two unlabel terminals for a thermostat hook up (also not label in the schimatics in the manual) I bought a honeywell RTH221 Thermostat which is suppose to work with a millivolt system which according the stove manual thats what it needs so my question is in order to achive what I am looking to do which terminals do I run the wires from the stove to on the thermostat it has the options of B,O,G,Y,W,R,Rc and there is currently a metal jumper between the R and Rc Terminals on the thermostat which is the way it came out of the package so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

It doesn't matter which wire goes to which terminal on the stove.

The instructions for the thermostat should tell you which terminals to use and if any jumpers need to be changed. you need the instructions for a heat only set up. Probably use the W & R (or Rc) - mine has an RW instead. The jumpers control other aspects of the board and you most likely won't have to do anything with it. Sorry I'm not much help, but I don't have that thermostat and each one is probably a bit different.

Terminals R and W are the heating control terminals.
I'm not familiar with the Kozi heater however there is likely a jumper or setting to allow the Thermostat to control it.

Status
Not open for further replies.