Help..nestor martin stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lily

Jun 6, 2020
Montreal
Hi!!! I hope you can help me.. we bought our home this winter and it came with this wood stove.. I believe it is an older model of the marquis.. can you help me identify it? I have someone asking me if it is a slow combustion stove.. I highly doubt it!! But am not sure.

Attachments

• 20191226_153434.jpg
    20191226_153434.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 249
  • 20191226_153528.jpg
    20191226_153528.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 20191226_153543.jpg
    20191226_153543.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 240
not a hundred percent i know what they are looking for. if you don't have a manual i think this is it

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/frank%20%20bognanni/My%20Documents/Downloads/Coal_Stove.pdf

Reactions: Lily
Beautiful stove, but I doubt it will be efficient or clean burning. If you want to burn wood to heat your home I would look for a different stove. If you just want a few fires for ambiance, then it will be fine if the stove is in good working order. Perhaps call a qualified chimney sweep to inspect your system.

not a hundred percent i know what they are looking for. if you don't have a manual i think this is it

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/frank%20%20bognanni/My%20Documents/Downloads/Coal_Stove.pdf
Thank you for your response.. but you sent a link to a pdf on your c drive.. dont think I can access that! Is it possible for you to attach the pdf to this conversation?

Beautiful stove, but I doubt it will be efficient or clean burning. If you want to burn wood to heat your home I would look for a different stove. If you just want a few fires for ambiance, then it will be fine if the stove is in good working order. Perhaps call a qualified chimney sweep to inspect your system.
Thank you.. its not for me to use.. I dont know the 1st thing about stoves... someone wants to purchase it.

So a clean burning stove is a slow combustion stove?

I know this one is not clean burning as in order to use it in my area, I would have to convert it.

slow combustion stove
I haven't heard this term before and would be speculating as to what the purchaser is asking about. It could be taken at least a couple of different ways. And old smoldering smoke dragon or a modern cat stove.

Last edited:
try that

Attachments

• Coal_Stove.pdf
    282.7 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: Lily