Help! Newb's first casulty of the inaugural season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireitup

Oct 11, 2014
Waterbury, CT
Hey guys, Breckwell P23 insert, approx. 7 years old, bought used from original owner. He had only replaced the thermodisk the entire time he owned it. I've been using it 24/7 since Oct without issue. My CV blower will not come on now at all. The fin wheel does not spin freely, is this a problem? It's not seized, but rotates with much resistance. I thought I remember it spinning freely with a snap of the finger during cleaning. Of course, it was only -2 degrees last night, so the Burnham boiler is eating old dinosaurs until I get the stove back online. Plan on pulling the blower tonight after work and maybe taking it apart for thorough cleaning. Can I lube it in any way? If it doesn't respond to cleaning, I guess I'm ordering a new blower for around $200. Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated!

Another blower motor shot...use the search button.

Pull the motor and bring to a local auto electric shop where they rebuild starter/alternators and they will put new sleeve bearings in it and freshen it up. I paid under $20 and was done in a couple of hours. Get yourself a tube of High Temp RTV from any auto parts store or even Walmart to use as a gasket.
Probably best to search out a NEW motor to replace if/when that motor dies in the future.

Beaudeen, your profile pic is hilarious! We won't be using the cement pond anytime soon, unfortunately. I'll do what you suggest, wasn't thinking rebuild, but that's a cheap, great idea. NEW motors are around $200 and they're widely available.

Status
Not open for further replies.