HELP!!! Older Mt Vernon giving me loads of trouble!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beo3

Jan 24, 2009
Orange County, NY
Hey,
I have a older (2003) Quadra-fire Mt Vernon which I use to heat my upper level. We love it and have had it for years but the last few days the Convection refuses to shut off. It will cycle normally (Feed, Fire, Convection blower on) but on the cool down the blower will run and only shut down a couple of minutes before the next fuel feed. If even then! The blower is starting to scream and I removed it yesterday and cleaned it, which it needed anyway but is still doing the same thing. The control box was changed last year as well as the exhaust motor. Any suggestions? Could it be the thermocoupling or the snap disk? I really dont want to call a serviceman in if it is just a simple switch or thermocouple.

Any Suggestions????

I would throw it out the window but its way to heavy!

Thanks everyone,
Beo3

Log on to iburncorn.com and post this question on the Quadrafire forum.

There is a gentleman on this forum named Kap ( an authorized Quad tech) and I know for a fact that he can help you out!

Well I hunted down a #1 sanp disk (125 degree) and after a hour drive each way I have to say it was worth it! Jay you are the man. It is running as normal. Six different dealers told me that they didnt have them in stock. Finally one in PA had dozen of them. I would like to give them a shout out, It's Luhr's Ace Hardware Located in Milford, PA. 570-296-7012. They have a huge selection of new stoves and a ton of parts. Nice salespeople also.
Thank you all for the help.

beo3,

Glad I could help you. I own a quad too. The smaller 800. Love that little stove, but had to retire it. In the 10 years I ran it all I replaced was the termal couple, Ignitor and the snap disks.

Keep warm
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.