Help on a Winrich Perfecta.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy Meade

Nov 17, 2008
Peebles, Ohio
I was given a Winrich Perfecta. I have never delt with pellet stoves before. I installed it down stairs with a pipe kit that Lowes sales. The kit did not come with any thing for the intake so it is just open. I have the stove about six inches from the wall and then the exhaust pipe goes through the wall and up about four to five feet. My main problem is that I have a hard time keeping a nice contestant fire going. It seems to fill the burn pot three quarters the way up and then burns the rest on top. I can’t keep it from either pilling up or almost burning out. Is this because I have not vent the intake to the out side?

You mention that this stove was given to you. I am assuming then, that it is used? Have you made sure the stove has been thoroughly cleaned? Whats the flame look like? Is it a strong flame or just a lazy burn on top the pellets? I am wondering if you have the proper combustion air ratio blowing through the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.