Help on Chimney Brush and Rods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

I am trying to equip myself to clean my 4" Chimney Liner(26feet ) from my Pellet Stove.. I have purchased a Rutland 4inch Pellet Stove Brush. It has a 1/4" npt Thread. I have got a set of rods with a 3/8 thread. I bought a Rutland 3/8 to 1/4 Reducer. BUT it would apear that the 1/4" referred to by Rutland isnt exactly that. It appears to be 1/2"
I cannot seem to find a brush for a 4" Liner, that isnt either 1/4 or 5/16"

Anyone cleaned there 4" liner about my height, and what did you use and where can I get it.

Thanks
Camdids

4" Lint-Eater.... Its Designed to do Dryer vents. Hooks to a Drill and has an attachment that you can hook a Shop-vac up to. So as you clean, it sucks and cleans the Ash. Or use the Good Ol Leafblower trick after brushing. Many on here use this.
I bought a "generic" version, but it still works well. I then use a leafblower after the Scrubbing.

The Lint-Eater can be found at most Hardware Stores. Can be had, for around $35 (that's how much mine cost). It came with over 16 ft of Flex-rod and several attachments. Can buy extra rods for longer applications.

Thanks for the reply.
But the Lint Eater is too flexible for 26 feet of liner , isnt it??

I have a 3" brush with flex rod for my chimney liner that I got from Rutland and the flex part just plain sucks! It is too flexible to deal with the curves around the smoke shelf and will get about 10 feet and then everything bunches up. I've never been able to get it past that point. I'm trying some extension rods next.

My wife calls me cheap, I just call it "pineese" engineering. I had a 6" brush with the 3/8" rods for the wood stove that I
drilled and tapped the 1/2"-20 thread to accept the 1/4"-20 for the 4" pellet brush.

Attachments

• 2011-08-20_08-48-59.jpg
    2011-08-20_08-48-59.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 310
Status
Not open for further replies.