Help on installing the Quadrafire 7100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ymurf

Jan 8, 2012
Missouri
I finally got the baffle and blanket on for my fireplace and am in the process of painting it then I will start the install.
I could sure use some suggestions and help from you guys. First off I got two of the heat zone blowers with this. not sure if I got all the parts for them but do have the two metal boxes with fans in them.I am putting this in a 30x33 addition with a 30x28 basement under it.Was thinking it would be great to run some heat from the fireplace to the basement.I guess I also need to run a flax pipe outside for my outside air with the pipe for the air cooled chimney. What would be the best way to hook this up? Or are the heat zone blowers worth messing with? There are two holes on the right side, I think the top one is the outside air so what should I do with the other one? I have read the manual and see several ways to hook it up but was wondering how you guys did that have the quadrafire 7100?

I don't own a Quad 7100, but many members do on this site. I am finishing up the install on my Napoleon NZ3000, which is very similar to the Quad. I used the optional heat ducts on my unit, here is a link to my install.....

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/building-the-hearth-for-my-napoleon-nz3000-what-a-quest.74273/

Notice how I had to duct the heat runs over, behind and then UNDER my stove to get them to the basement, where they will be distributed to other locations in the house....

Talk to the member Blue2ndaries, he has a BEAUTIFUL Quad 7100 install. One of the inspirations for my whole install.....

Good luck, try to get some pics of your situation, before during and after the install. We thrive on pictures here....

I don't own a Quad 7100, but many members do on this site. I am finishing up the install on my Napoleon NZ3000, which is very similar to the Quad. I used the optional heat ducts on my unit, here is a link to my install.....

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/building-the-hearth-for-my-napoleon-nz3000-what-a-quest.74273/

Notice how I had to duct the heat runs over, behind and then UNDER my stove to get them to the basement, where they will be distributed to other locations in the house....

Talk to the member Blue2ndaries, he has a BEAUTIFUL Quad 7100 install. One of the inspirations for my whole install.....

Good luck, try to get some pics of your situation, before during and after the install. We thrive on pictures here....
Great thread.That looks beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.