Help on options for new home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me but I'm not too fond of the FPX's method of pulling in outside air for heating and pushing it out the front. I'd consider talking with other dealers to know your options. If it were me I'd look into the Kozy 231ZC or other fireplace that offers ducting the heat to other areas of the house. These fireplaces can really put out some heat.

I agree with dude, I would replace the FP with a free standing stove . There is a good stove guy on RT 149 Queensbury NY If you are around there. 4 mils south of lake George.

Hello again everyone...

Just wanted to provide an update. The project is complete. We decided on a total tearout and installation of a high-efficiency fireplace. We opted for the FPX 36 and have been very happy so far. I appreciated everyone's insight and opinions on the project. We ultimately proceeded the way we did because we wanted to preserve the original room dimensions as much as possible and had a good idea of how we would use ledgestone and the arched face of the FPX to create an attractive and functional heat source.

We feel like it turned out pretty well and, most importantly, we are warm :)

Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_2393.jpg
    IMG_2393.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2396.jpg
    IMG_2396.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 188
Looks great! I think you made a very good choice, I would have (and did) the same thing.

enigma said:
Hello again everyone...

Just wanted to provide an update. The project is complete. We decided on a total tearout and installation of a high-efficiency fireplace. We opted for the FPX 36 and have been very happy so far. I appreciated everyone's insight and opinions on the project. We ultimately proceeded the way we did because we wanted to preserve the original room dimensions as much as possible and had a good idea of how we would use ledgestone and the arched face of the FPX to create an attractive and functional heat source.

We feel like it turned out pretty well and, most importantly, we are warm :)

Thanks again.

Hi emigma , I love your new fire place . I'm installing the same unit in a few weeks. With the same stone and mantel . No hearth on mine there is not enough room Good luck with it John

Status
Not open for further replies.