Help ordering parts for venting new eco-65

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildwildwest

Jul 7, 2014
wyoming
My new stove will be delivered in a few days and I want to order the venting items as soon as possible so I can move back into my remodeled home, the RV is getting crowded....

We are doing a new installation (closing up old woodstove pipe in different location) Hubby will install.

What am I missing?

Pipe

Clean out tee

Ceiling support
is this the same as the firestop?

Attic insulation shield (owners manual and duravent show different configurations, which one?)

Flashing

Top Cap? Dear husband wants one with fins for extreme winds here, can they be used with pellet stoves?

RTV, watched a utube today, the man used a caulk tube apparently high temp rated

OAK? The websites I have shopped have a 3" nonthimble or a 4" "Thimble". What is a thimble and does it apply to my straight up installation? I have no worries about a hole in the wall in addition to my the one in my roof :)

thank you

My new stove will be delivered in a few days and I want to order the venting items as soon as possible so I can move back into my remodeled home, the RV is getting crowded....

We are doing a new installation (closing up old woodstove pipe in different location) Hubby will install.

What am I missing?

Pipe

Clean out tee
Ceiling support is this the same as the firestop?

Attic insulation shield (owners manual and duravent show different configurations, which one?)

Flashing

Top Cap? Dear husband wants one with fins for extreme winds here, can they be used with pellet stoves?

RTV, watched a utube today, the man used a caulk tube apparently high temp rated

OAK? The websites I have shopped have a 3" nonthimble or a 4" "Thimble". What is a thimble and does it apply to my straight up installation? I have no worries about a hole in the wall in addition to my the one in my roof :)

thank you

I would call DynamiteBuys.com good selection on pipe good prices,fast del.and gives good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.