HELP pdv 25 feeding issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet rick

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2015
Pottstown PA.
got a call from my daughter to telling me that the stove went out. Told her to relight it , which she did . It ran for ten minutes. Did this 2 more times and she said the top auger was not turning. I came home found the auger jammed with dust so I took it apart and cleaned it out. Put it back together and both augers are turning . Fixed I thought . 2 hours later I checked on it and the were red coals but no pellets being fed. Checked the top auger and it was free and now tuning. Fire back to normal for now. WHAT AM I MISSING. Really do not need this going out during the night or while I'm at work

Looking around the stove for possible issues I saw this. The heat sensor for the control board. Is the wire supposed to be a very thin wire with a fire proff cloth shield on it ? I mean it's really thin

Yes that's the heat sensor wire.
Do you get any E codes when it stops working?
Check your vacuum lines at the ends they usually crack and you lose vacuum and that stops the top auger from functioning right.

No e codes but I did have a broken vacuum line at the combustion blower. What worries me is that it shut down about 30 min after I started it , after I fixed the tube. I have had it running on 8 for about 2 hours now so hopefully all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.