Help please! Breckwell Classic vs. Quadrafire Castille?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePellethead

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2007
Southern Maine
Hi. As some may know by certain posts....I have been researching etc the pellet stove way of warm heat. I am not heating a huge house. 1260 sq. ft. total but only 760 approx. on first floor. Upstairs we dont use all the time so much of time the doors are closed off. House is not relatively old(1986)...have brand new double hung tip out windows(3 yrs old.) So I do know that a stove of 1500 sq. ft. will do us just fine. I just wanted some input on these 2 stoves possible or even the companies that make them. The Breckwell classic "might" have a couple more features etc. plus it has BTU input of 42,000 and the Quadra Castille has an input BTU of 34,000.....my question there is...is there alot of difference between those BTU's in relation to seeing a big difference in the heating output? I'd appreciate some experiences and info possible on these 2 stoves and/or companies that make them.
And thanks again for this site....and thanks to hearthtools in oakhurst for providing a great service and to all the other stove shop owners or former ones for all the great info etc. Very good site here. We will be making a move immediately after Christ-mas....so any help is very much appreciated....thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.