Help please! I need a manual.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad91279

Nov 30, 2009
Hudson, MA
Greetings all. I turn to you because, well, you are the experts.

Please be patient. It's a moderately long story.

I just bought a house with a wood stove in it. And by just bought, I mean, back in June. Since then I've been trying to get my wood stove insured. My insurance company won't cover it unless it's gotten an inspection and certified by the town in which I live.

Fair enough. Except, it turns out, the previous owners never bothered to have it inspected. So now, it's incumbent upon me to carry this out. As such, I got the application from the town and filled it as best I could.

Now, they're saying that they can't certify it because it's outside of their specifications for wood stoves that they don't have the manufacturer's manual for.

Which, predictably, I do not have. Further, I can't get an exact model number off the thing.

So, that leads me, finally to my question: Is there a way to get a manual for a G.S.W.-Jackes Evans wood stove. I only have a partially-illegible model # SC TPE HT 58

Your insight and input MOST appreciated. No, I haven't given them a call yet. It's on my list for this afternoon. However, if you all have additional direction, I'd welcome it.

Thanks so much! I can't wait to fire this thing up!

Brad

If it is one of these old Jackes Evans tin stoves I wouldn't light a fire in it. You can give them a call. I think they are still in St. Louis.

Attachments

• Jackes Evans wood stove.jpg
    Jackes Evans wood stove.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,506
Yeah, I believe it most certainly is. I tried ringing them up but got no answer. Can't find any info on them online.

These models no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.