HELP.. please pdvc not turning on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I shut my stove off to clean it. Including vacing out the back. Now it wont turn back on. I unpluged it and plugged it back it and the displays show 9 / 9
What does this mean? None of the buttons work on the control panel..
I dont see any loose wires etc..

9/9 is the standard display when the power is applied. So that means that your circuit board is getting power at least.

So when you press the on button, does anything happen at all? Do the augers start turning? Does "S" and "U" show up in the display?

If you press any of the three lower buttons, does the display light at all??

I would remove the fuse on the back side of the control panel and check it. I think that if the fuse blew, you shouldn't see anything in the display, but I'm not positive.

Also check to make sure that you didn't disconnect anything when you cleaned the inside. Specifically, check the connections to the combustion blower.

Also make sure that the hopper lid safety switch is working, and that the lid is down.

Are you confident with electrical and do you have a multi-meter to check what may or may not be getting power?? I would check for power at the auger motors and combustion blower.

If not, you may have a bad board. I'd be willing to bet that it's either the fuse or loosened connection.

Good luck!

No nothing will display when any button is pressed. fuse looks fines.
No I dont have a multi meter..
the vac switch by the control panel appears to be working since I swiped by it and got a little shock off it.

That seems odd. The only other thing I can think of is that I remember someone saying that they had success by unplugging the stove for a period of time (~15 min or more) before re-plugging it back in.

If components are getting power, it seems like an issue somewhere on the board. If a good reset doesn't work then I would P.M. Mike Holton.

Here's the wiring diagram if it helps at all.
https://www.englanderstoves.com/images/PELLETWIRECOLOR.GIF

Good luck!

check the ribbon cable that comes out of the right side of the board and lops over and plugs in right next to the transformer on the board , sounds like it may have been bumped and may not be making a good connection. this ribbon cable is the interface between the touch pad and the actual circuit board.

ok, it appeared to be on but I unhooked it and slid it back on and it is working now... hopefully it will stay running..

Thank you Mike..

my wife wont kill me now.

check the ribbon cable that comes out of the right side of the board and lops over and plugs in right next to the transformer on the board , sounds like it may have been bumped and may not be making a good connection. this ribbon cable is the interface between the touch pad and the actual circuit board.
You...you!....you're good!
robert20deniro6sn7.jpg

Reactions: kofkorn
Status
Not open for further replies.