Help Please, Rattling Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAV1

Feb 11, 2010
Northern, NJ
Ok, I love my cb1200i which is going on season 4. However there is one cycle on the fan where the sourround rattles so loud it makes everyone in the house miserable. I have tried to tighten screws and I put foam between metal to metal contacts...When it rattles I can go and push down on it with my hand to make it stop, but I cannot find a perm solution.

I know it will be tough to diagnilose the isssue...but I looking for any and all tricks in the book that any of you have used with success.

Thx

You push down and the screws you tighten go in what general direction compared to pushing the surround down? Perhaps a bit of weight suspended from that part of the surround you push on.

if it were dirty and unbalanced, it would rattle all the time. it only does it on one cycle of the fan. try brushing on spraydead to stiffen the panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.