Help Please - US Stove 6500 Multi-Fuel Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubicon 327

Jan 6, 2010
Cromwell, Connecticut
Sorry , I think I posted this in the wrong area! :shut:

Hello,

I am new to this Forum and did a little searching but wanted to ask a question and get your opinions on my situation. I have a small business and the building is 2100 sq ft, it is block built and has a 12 ft high ceiling and a lot of cast iron machinery in it. It is all open area minus a small bathroom and locker room.

I am looking to get a pellet stove to offset my fuel oil costs and was looking at the American Stove Company Model 6500 http://www.tractorsupply.com/6500-multi-fuel-furnace-3192694 and was wondering if you all think it's over kill for my building?

I don't need pretty, I just a unit that will handle the building with some ease. I was originally thinking of using it to help out the oil fired system but the more I thought about it I thought why not let it do most or all the work if it can handle it. Oil prices are never going down below $2.00 a gallon and it's only a matter of time before they go through the roof again.

These are a few of my questions,

Is this stove overkill? (the 6500 model that will do 2000-3000 sq ft)

If not, do you think it will burn through more pellets on a low/medium setting than say a smaller unit, say one rated for 2200 sq ft would on a high setting?

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

I would go with the larger one for sure. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the owners manual. Whatever it requires for maintanence, do it more often. If you take good care of that furnace you should be able to get a good 10 years out of it with minimal parts replacement.

Thank You Franks,

for your input and yes I will have to become very familiar with what ever I do buy so as to keep it running smoothly with as little problems as possible ..........I hope.

Thanks Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.