Help please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOOK3456

Nov 1, 2010
CT
I'm new to woodstoves. The home I'm renting has one and I was getting it ready for our first use of it tonight. The last tenants never emptied it at all, it was completely full of ash.
Anyways, once I got it all out I found something that may be a problem lol. I'm going to assume that this wood stove is no longer safe for use, but wanted opinions from those who know. Here's a couple pictures below. It seems the inner walls are warped badly inwards and actually broke open on each side. Any advice would be great.

1000215p.jpg

1000216m.jpg

Holy warpage batman.

Looks like a little tlc is in order for the old gal. During the removal/install of the new plates, do a real good inspection of the body itself. Look for cracks or any possible unintended air leakage areas. Look closely at the collar area where the pipe connects to the body for cracks or anything "dangerous". That thing looks like it took a beating, but that doesn't mean it is used up.

ok, thanks for the replies. I have no interest in replacing parts on the landords stove though lol. Oh well, kind of a bummer. Thanks.

MOOK3456 said:
ok, thanks for the replies. I have no interest in replacing parts on the landords stove though lol. Oh well, kind of a bummer. Thanks.

Maybe if you were willing to put in a little elbow grease the landlord would step up for the parts?? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.