Help... Problem with new zone valve.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

machinistbcb

Nov 21, 2007
Sabattus Maine
I spent the day today piping in two big cast iron radiators and replacing a defective zone valve. My problem is as soon as I turn the power on the zone valve opens and turns on the circ. Any thoughts ??? The zone valve is a Honeywell modelV8043E, its is different than the one I had in there because this one has wire leads and last one had terminals. Starngley enough when I turn the thermostat down the circ is on and when the theromstat is turned up the circ goes off. i would appreciate any help as I would like to get be on line today so I can get the house heated..

Opps.... I had it wired wrong. Its working now and wow do those radiators I installed really throw some heat !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.