HELP!!!! Quadrafire 1100i exhaust blower not coming on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirch

Nov 5, 2008
Saratoga Springs NY
have an ~7 year old quadra fire 1100i that stopped working. The first idication was one of the blowers was making a squealing sound a day or 2 before the stove stopped working. I took the exhaust blower apart and replaced the bearings. put it back in. still no workie. took it to any electric motor repair store and they said the blower works fine and sold me a new run capacitor. put that in still no workie. I'm going to try the other capacitor tonight and see if that is the issue. seems odd that it was squealing like crazy and now there are other issues.

when the cal like comes on the stove does nothing. I replaced the control box a few years ago. what else could it be. I'm pretty sure the exhaust blower has to come on first or it will trip due to no draft right? how should I trouble shot to make sure a signal is going to the blower?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.