HELP !! Whitfield Advantage II Insert startup problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheredugo?

Feb 1, 2014
CT
Heloo and thank you in advance for taking a look at my thread. last night I cleaned my Whitfield Advantage insert (the same as I always do : Remove top wall cover pull stove out about 6 inches, remove clean out T and vacuum any ash in tee cup. Then open door, pull off side sheet metal board holders, remove all fire board and vacuum all crevis' and any ash thats present. Put it all back together and then went to fire her up like normal. No go on first attempt. Everything appears to be on and working, convection blower, exhaust blower and ignitor. Tried a second time and instead of using the ignitor I used gel starter, this caused a major issue with smoldering pellets and smoke. It smoked so bad that it was leaking from any non air tight crevis possible. It even left a resin buildup on my glass and tinted it red it was so bad. I let the smoke clear then tried to re fire again with no luck, I did get it going with Gel again but it doesnt seem to be burning well at all, very lazy and no clinkers the pellets just sit there and get red and smolder.... Is my combustion intake clogged ? It wont fire on its own, the ignitor is glowing cherry red if I pull the grate out but seems like the cherry red is further back .... I dont know what else to look for. The manual is useless. Please help ! thanks !

Did you remove the fire brick assemblies and clear the ash in the baffles, then remove the inner baffles ????

This are fills with ash.

Snowy

Yes I did all ash was removed from behind the bricks as well as the exhaust side. I'm going to try vacuuming out the combustion air tube in the back.

sounds like your combustion blower isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.