Help-Whitfield Advantage II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa81

Jul 19, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

I have been reading a lot of posts here and I am trying to figure out what the problem with our Whitfield is.

I unhooked the auger motor and plugged it in directly and the motor works. I reattached the auger motor and plugged in directly it turns the auger but when I reconnect the wires it does not work.

I read a little about the pressure switch and took the hose off to check to see if it is blocked and it is not.

Any advice would be great.

Well I have a little more info to add now. I took disconnected the hose off the pressure switch and now the auger motor is turning the auger. What do I do now...the hose is not plugged. Is there supposed to be a certain kind of hose on it....maybe not the right one.

I do not know where to go from here.

Have you cleaned the stove, something is blocking the exhaust or the pressure switch is bad. Clean the exhaust pipe and test the stove. You will know if its blocked, if you have alot of ash.

check the low temp sensor (little white ceramic disk) near the blower motor. bypass it (disconnect one of the cables and connect it to the other) blower will run permanently, but the auger will work properly.

boobou69

Status
Not open for further replies.