help whitfield fan goes out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loveis

Jan 5, 2008
ca
[whitfield this year the fan goes out after burning for a while, I have clean the flame burns great . Please help

I little bit more info will help and a better topic
I will change the topic but we need

What model Whitfield
How old is it or how long have you been using it.
what is your stove doing or not doing
how long is the stove burning for before the fan stops
what fan?

thank you for your reply. I have and old whitfeild free standing I bought it from my neighbor two years ago they had for 6 years in virgina. I had a new auger motor and exhust fan put in 2007 Jan. I just bought a shop vac and clean it real good. I do have it in front of the fireplace with pipes going up th chimney. After cleaning I had a beautiful fire . But it still worked for about 20 to 30 minutes and went out. I would then push the starter button and it would work find for about 20 to 30 minutes and go out. I have check your web site and did your trouble shooting and this pointed to the low limit switch, I have ordered it from you on saturday while really friday night Jan 04. Is this the right way to go? I am talkinf about the exhust blower.

If it is going out after start up cycle then 95% sure it is the low limit

You can JUMP/ Bypass the switch
UNPLUG THE POWER FROM THE WALL FIRST.
then Jump it.
Plug it back in
and start the stove if it shuts off after 20 minutes then it is not the switch.

to shut the stove off with the Low limiit switch jumped.
Turn the stove OFF or auger off depending on the type of stove.
let it burn out the pellets and cool off for about 30 minutes after the stove is cool
UNPLUG it from the wall.

Thank you for your help. I did the bypass and the stove is working fine. I just had the unit, the exhaust fan, put in last year is thie unusuall for the switch not to be working properlly with this new unit? How long can I leave the bypass on my stove?

Just until you get the switch

This switch is a good thing
it will shut off the stove if you run out of pellets

It will shut off the stove if the power goes for more than 20 minutes out and keep it off.
If the power shuts off and you stove is not burning when the power comes back on. the stove will keep feeding pellets and then the Whole firebox will be filled with pellets in a few hours.

You need this switch.

Rod your company is out of the switch is there anywhere in stockton that you may know of that I can get the switch? Or may a dealer you you know?

loveis said:
Rod your company is out of the switch is there anywhere in stockton that you may know of that I can get the switch? Or may a dealer you you know?

We are out of the low limit switches?
This is for a Whitfield right?

what switch did you order
I dont think we are out of any whitfield limit switches.

Did you place an order with us.
If you did PM me your order #

We are out of Breckwell Adapter plates for Breckwell limit switches because breckwell stopped sending the adaptors to us because the new stoves dont need them.

loveis said:
MY order number 9910
You ordered a BRECKWELL LIMIT SWITCH
<snip from your order>
Qty Name SKU (part Price Sub Total
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Breckwell 60T22 LowTemp Limit Switch #C-E-090-22C /#C-E-090-22C
(60T22) $18.00 $18.00
YES I have the old Plastic style send the plate

</end of snip>

If you have a WHITFIELD we have the switch and they are listed on the whitfield parts page.

Low limit Switch Click here for photo and trouble shooting
PRODUCT: WHITFIELD ceramic body Low limit snap switch WP-1,2,7 and 4-- #12057601(F140-30) Replaces old Bako-lite Plastic switch
Mounts on the combustion blower,
If your stove shuts off after start up in 15 minutes, this switch is most likely bad.
$42.00
NOT used for Profile or Optima Series stoves.

We can change your order to the correct switch if you have a whitfield.
RE send an email to were you cancled your order
and put a note that you want 12057601 Low limt switch for $42.00

I did not know anything about my stove until this form. The money I have spent could have been less way less. thank you for the help with my limit switch. My stove is working better than ever.

loveis said:
I did not know anything about my stove until this form. The money I have spent could have been less way less. thank you for the help with my limit switch. My stove is working better than ever.

So you recieved the Whitfield low limit switch from hearthtools.com?

Ron, yes, I received the switch. The stove is working wonderful. Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.