help with adding thermodisc to blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devinsdad

Sep 25, 2009
northern NY
I would like to add a thermodisc to my blower but the one available is for an Avalon.Would like to know how or can I make this work before I buy it?

Thanks for the info.Any idea what to do if my blower doesn't have the quick connect wires?

I haven't had a chance to look at how my blower is wired up but my hunch is the thermodisc simply acts as a thermal relay to turn on/off blower via other electronics within the variable speed control unit. The power to drive motor does not pass through the quick connect wires/thermodisc since gauge of wire is far different between the two.

Can you provide any info about the blower you do have? Does it have a part number? Is it variable speed?

Most often on woodstoves the thermodisc is rated to switch the amperage of the blower and is direct wired in series with the low-amperage blower. If you are not electrically inclined, maybe keep it simple using a Stove-Stat?

http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5SA-9600

BeGreen said:
Most often on woodstoves the thermodisc is rated to switch the amperage of the blower and is direct wired in series with the low-amperage blower. If you are not electrically inclined, maybe keep it simple using a Stove-Stat?

http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5SA-9600

I wasn't sure on mine... that is probably how mine is as well.

Good recommendation... that unit should easily do the job.

That stove stat looks like its around my electrician abilities :) Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.