Help with American Havester 6039 2005 build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCIglass

Nov 12, 2016
Indiana
After hours of reading and tinkering a cleaning I've decided to come here and see if I can sort this stove out!

Preface: I bought this home in June with this stove in it. The previous owner of the home ofcourse assured us that the stove was in good working order. Now I'm having issues and feel like he wasnt 100% or he never cared to have the burner working properly.

This is a 2005 build date I think Oct of 2005 it is a 6039 not the 6039t According to the panel.

I an burning pellets not corn.

I hope that is enough info to get started and to move onto the issues I'm having.

This stove does not have a manual damper and has the older A B C Panel.

The stove fires up it waits the 3 minutes and functions as it should as far as I can tell.

The issue is I have no control over the A and B Buttons, C does stop the Auger for a period of time

The burner will not let me turn the heat setting up past 3 or the A light sits and flashes and the stove seems to do nothing.

B Does nothing

I think the flame is lazy not enough pellets and doesnt get nearly hot enough

I've read for hours online and have seent hat sometimes these buttons are disabled from the factory and have tried to 'activate' them to no avail I've pressed b and c togher to reset to factory settings and its no help. I'm on the verge of replacing it as this house is far too large for me to run my 2 electric furnaces this winter!!

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks for any information!!!

Last edited:
These are notes I copied from this forum years ago, pretty sure it worked when i last tried it, but I admit to being rather weak on US Stoves. The units I've tinkered with all had dampers also.

Press B and C together and release when you see P1 in the display, use up arrow above A to change to P9. Push ON button next and board should power down, if not then unplug stove. This should be factory reset.

Worth a try but no guarantee on my end.

These are notes I copied from this forum years ago, pretty sure it worked when i last tried it, but I admit to being rather weak on US Stoves. The units I've tinkered with all had dampers also.

Press B and C together and release when you see P1 in the display, use up arrow above A to change to P9. Push ON button next and board should power down, if not then unplug stove. This should be factory reset.

Worth a try but no guarantee on my end.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried this a few times and it does seem to 'reset' but the same issue is still there.

This morning when I woke up the stove had barely kept my downstairs at 65, since it wont go over 3 on heat setting I tried to turn it up to 6 this morning and it pretty much just burnt out what was in the pot.

Some further digging on the internet says that a flashing A may mean a vacuum leak, still dont know why it would let me go to 3 but not higher, i took the side off made sure the vacuum switch hole was clean and the hoses were tight, no change.

Also from reading it looks like the unit should be fairly air tight and suggest making sure holes are plugged etc, but my cleanout plates dont bolt down? the olds behing the decorative brick pattern are open, I'm just confused.

Do you have the manual? It's online at USSC, or it used to be. If not, I may have a copy of it somewhere.
I've been online and looked at the manual's but it looks like there are 2 or 3 different ones. Most of the newer ones have a Damper, bolts on the cleanouts ect not this old girl lol.

I'll keep updating this incase someone else is searching for the same problem, problem is not solved and may not be related to the vacuum switch I jumped its input to make the stove thing it was working properly and still had the same problem, this may indicated somehting with the control panel but I dont have 400 atm.

How are your soldering skills? Good luck and let us know how you make out...

So did you have to call Dad for help or conquered the soldering on your own?:) Glad you're warm again...

Borrowed his solder sucker so he intently watched and wanted to take over but there was plenty of room and it went smooth. Haha

It's sometimes tough as a parent to step back and let your child succeed or fail on their own ... especially if it is a skill that you conquered long ago. My MIL used to build proto type TVs in the 50s. Watched her repair my Hubby's diving radio (1980s) even with arthritic hands. Value whatever knowledge and skill Dad can teach you... it's good for you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.