Help with BioBricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I've now been using the particle logs (LaBuche brand), and I'm having troubles with them. They don't seem to give off the promised amount of heat, nor do they last long at all. I'm dubious that the "10 energy cords" I bought are going to give me ten cords' worth of heat output. They do burn nicely, but they don't seem to give off the same amount of heat as a log, nor do they burn nearly as long. Any one else find that? I know a lot of people have posted notes about the bricks, but there don't seem as many with experience with the logs. The logs I'm using are compressed wood flakes without a binder, 3 inches in diameter and about ten inches long. When they burn they expand into long, loose sausages and burn all through, not like wood that burns from the outside in.

Martin in Canada (two inches of snow on the ground this morning ...).

Status
Not open for further replies.