help with block off plate with insulated liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2010
Bowling Green, Ohio
as you may have followed in previous post..I am having the installers put in a blanket around the liner. They seemed inexperienced doing this...My ? is with the blanket ..should it terminate before the block off plate ..or go all the way through...
Then do you just use high temp silicone or furnace cement to plug the gap around the plate/blanket? Thanks gang..I love this site....it makes me want to go out and build something.....

well, if it will fit you can insulate all the way to the stove connector. You can terminate above the damper if needed though.

As for filling the gap, I usually use the same ceramic insulation you wrapped around the liner to fill the gap.

I guess, that I am trying for a tight seal..When I had the guys out here to try to seal it up a bit (I'm getting massive cold air and there was a mouse behind there....I know they are getting in somewhere......
Hopefully when they pull it, I can take a quick peak for holes and make sure they sealed the ash door 120% maybe I'll dump liquid nails over the ash dump too. or is that a bad idea.....Stupid mice.....

Status
Not open for further replies.