Help with chimney pipe - Majestic Thulman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Ocean

Nov 9, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hello everyone!

I am building an outdoor fireplace and picked up a Majestic Thulman L 36 fireplace. Problem is, it did not come with chimney pipe.
Looks like it requires a triple insulated pipe 10" inner, 14" middle, 18" outer.
I sent an email to Majestic to see if they still carry this pipe, but I was wondering if you bright folks might know of other places to find it.

Also, is there such thing as a double insulated pipe 10" inner and 14" outer? Since this fireplace will get only occasional use, I think that would fine also.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Hmmm... That is all new to most of us being that the project is an outdoor fire place.

Since it is outdoors what manner of combustible material is the chimney going to be in proximity to?

I am wondering if you will even need double or triple wall pipe in this application.

You might find the manual on line for the unit. They always have the specs and numbers for approved pipe in the install section. You also might look at the National Fire Prevention Code (NFPC) and see what it has to say about your project needs. You might ask the local inspector (if it is to be inspected) what he will require and go from there.

I have to admit, we have seen many different questions about fireplaces and stoves but this is the first outdoor question I have seen in two months of being semi regular here. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.