1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Help with choosing a Harman

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jim5b, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim5b

jim5b New Member

Loc:
    northern MA
    Im looking at the Advanced,p68,and xxv. I have a 1900 sf colonial and plan on putting it on the first floor. The advanced says it will cover 1500 sf. Would I be disapointed with the output. Also can I put it in a corner between 2 windows? Thanks for any help.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. packerfan

packerfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    frozen tundra
    A corner installation would work out just fine. It does however need to be installed with the venting a certain distance away from any operating windows. (windows that open and close) I don't at this time remember the distance, but I'm sure someone will chime in with the answer for you.
  3. MrMike115

MrMike115 New Member

You need to be 48 inches away from any window or door that opens with the vent. If you buy a Harman they sell a thimble that includes an outside air connection and that allows you to cut the clearance to 18inches.
  4. Wet1

Wet1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    USA
    Do you have any additional info on this? I don't recall seeing anything about this in my Harman (P38+) manual...
  5. BignBeefy

BignBeefy Member

Loc:
    Sandown,NH
    Its not made by harman. It is made by simpson duravent
  6. MrMike115

MrMike115 New Member

Regardless of who makes it, Harman sells it and it's in the pricebook for $132. The owners manual for the XXV and the P68 has the info on page 6. The Advance has it on page 17 Not sure on P38, I don't have that manual.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.