Help with compatible connector pipes for Metalfab double wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motoguy

Burning Hunk
Jan 7, 2015
Central MO
I've got a Kuuma Vaporfire 100 coming in, which will be installed in the place of our existing Avalon Arbor stove. The Arbor has 1 90 in the system before exiting the home horizontally through the foundation wall. The Arbor exits vertically, rises 3-4 feet, then 90's horizontal. Once through the wall, it 90's vertical to the outside flue. The flue has a couple of small (30 degree, I guess) offsets to clear the eave of the house.

I'd like to replace the interior 90 with a couple of 45s for the Kuuma, to help with flow. I understand a pair of 45s will flow/draft better than a 90. With the (existing) pair of 90s and 30s, I'd like to help the draft all I can.

My existing connector pipe is Metalfab brand, 6" double walled pipe. I'm trying to find connector 45s that will work with this brand. Does anyone happen to know which brands are compatible, will work? I can take photos tonight, if necessary.

Thanks!

It's best to stick with the same brand pipe for double-wall connector. Their 45* double-wall elbow is part DWB45.

Status
Not open for further replies.