help with deciding on which stove between two

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

slickschoppers

Dec 1, 2017
iowa
I read the two articles that were the "read first before asking"

here is my question.

I have a rather unique house. it is an old national guard armory.

my main house 1/2 of the upstairs has a regular propane furnace. it has french doors to the great room. my gaming room.

the gaming room has no heat, it is a regular room, fully insulated, maple floors, one large room, 60 feet x 36 feet.

french doors connect the main house again all one level connected just think regular house..... but larger.

the main house is 3000 square feet.

anyway.. I am going to put a wood stove in the game / bar room.

i am trying to decide between a vogelzang ponderosa, and a US Stove 3000

they both seem to have good reviews, the vogelzang is less money and a larger fire box.

teh US stove costs more, but both can be aquired locally.

does anyone have any suggestions?

I plan to install a new chimney straight up through the roof (Again, all one level) to code.
with the proper hearth being built. clearence is not an issue. I have more than enough room to make sure it has more than enough clearance.

WHICH stove would you recommend????????

How high is the ceiling in the great room?