Help with Earth 365 Rancher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTNWAY

Nov 30, 2016
Abingdon Va
I am new to the wood boiler world. Bought an old house that has an Earth 365 rancher. I am working on some issues. The main problem I have is that when I open the return valve it pushes water from the incoming water supply not from the pump. They have put a plate heat exchanger in before it hits the main heat exchanger. Could this be plumbed wrong? Possibly busted? The pump is pumping but when return is open it pushes solid stream of water out of my overflow...

Not sure I understand what you're saying.

But if water is coming out of your boiler overflow in a constant fashion, yes, you very might likely have a leaky heat exchanger somewhere. Either that or your water supply is somehow connected to your boiler some other way.

What happens when the boiler pump isn't running? If there is a leaky exchanger or the like, it should be coming out your overflow all the time, unless there is a valve in between somewhere that is opening & closing when the pump starts & stops.

(We can't see your system from here & know not much about it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.