Help with finding a service dealer in Delaware or Maryland

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikana

Nov 11, 2009
Delaware
Hi all, first time post.... lol

I have an Empire "easy fire" pellet insert fireplace and it needs some serious service.. I have pulled the unit out but can not fine a service shop in Delaware or Maryland. I live in Townsend DE.

Any Help would be awsome... Thank you in advance.

I guess the first question would be, did you buy the stove, or was italready installed in a home already that you bought?

After that, have you contacted the company that makes them and asked about service in your area?

Lastly, here is a site that you can use to find service. It's labeled "installers", but many of them do service calls too. Just put your zip code in.

www.stovesdirect.com/installers.php

Hi Thank you for responding. The unit came with the home I reciently purchased. I did not buy the unit.

I did find out more about the unit. It is a Empire EF 4000 (ser # 1333) mfg. IN 07/1994.

I called most of the businessess in the sournding aeria and most of them either do not service the unit or give me the blank look on there face and tell me they do not servive the brand...

I tried to contact Siera (who purchased the brand from Emipre) and they are not responding to my e-mail...(they do not post a phone #)

If anyone can assist or knows a service center PLEASE let me know. I would even try to fix it myself if I knew of a parts dealer who stocked the parts.

tikana said:
Hi Thank you for responding. The unit came with the home I reciently purchased. I did not buy the unit.

I did find out more about the unit. It is a Empire EF 4000 (ser # 1333) mfg. IN 07/1994.

I called most of the businessess in the sournding aeria and most of them either do not service the unit or give me the blank look on there face and tell me they do not servive the brand...

I tried to contact Siera (who purchased the brand from Emipre) and they are not responding to my e-mail...(they do not post a phone #)

If anyone can assist or knows a service center PLEASE let me know. I would even try to fix it myself if I knew of a parts dealer who stocked the parts.

Have you tried Byler's Country Store in Dover? http://www.bylers.com/ What is the problem? Alot of stoves use the same parts, so if you can figure out what is wrong you maybe able to get the part from someone like http://www.pelletstoveparts.net/ my father fixed his 1996 Whitfield with parts from them. Most people on this board will help you try and troubleshoot, but we need to know what it is/is not doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.