Help with flat plate heat exchanger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

docgogo

Feb 6, 2008
Kentucky
Hello all i need your help . I live in ky have a greenwood 100 you all helped me with last winter. I have a sidearm that was plumbed wrong too tall for my 40 gallon electric. well the guy who sold me this has given me back my money for the sidearm and two taco 007 pumps. I think i am going to purchase a flat plate heat xchanger. i have two lines running off the back of my gw100 one line runs to my sidearm and then on to the furnace. How should i plumb the plate xchnager. should i run the line to my heat exchanger in my furnace and then off to my flat plate. i also only have a 40 gallon electric water heater called today and can get an ao smith 50 gal electric for 295. + tax. was wondering if anyone has ran two tanks in series? if so do you have any diagrams? also was told a 30 plate was big enough but that a 40 plate would offer a faster recovery time. Just for reference i found out that my gw100 was undersized todd debockler did a heat loss study and said i needed a 330-350000 btu boiler. I am still negotiating with greenwood. Mr Mike Fox anyone dealt with him? any ideas sure would be appreciated thanks keith

Just for reference i found out that my gw100 was undersized todd debockler did a heat loss study and said i needed a 330-350000 btu boiler.
Sorry to read this. Hindsight is always the best way. Although we would rather know info like this upfront sometimes we don't do all the homework to arrive at the correct conclusion. My takeaway from your post is, do a heat loss first and design system from there.You could try listing boiler on Craigs list. Might break even or make some depending on how long ago you bought it. it would save on return shipping thats for sure.
Will

Status
Not open for further replies.