Help with Harman advance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

87Bertone

Oct 4, 2014
Massachuestts
I have a harman guardian advance that i was given. The stove is used. I disassembled and cleaned as best i could. It starts and burns ok but the only time i get get the distribution blower to work is in test mode. The motor sounds ok and spins freely. Ive read this forum and tried all combinations of room vs stove vs auto vs manual etc. no room blower Except when in test mode which is only a minute Any suggestions? Thanks.

The distribution blower should come on whenever the ESP (the probe in the exhaust that reads the exhaust temperatures) reads a certain temperature. If the ESP never gets to that temperature it can keep the blower from coming on. If the stove is lighting and burning correctly the esp could be dirty which would make it take a long time for the dist. blower to come on or it is possible you have a bad control board that isn't working as it should.

The distribution blower should come on whenever the ESP (the probe in the exhaust that reads the exhaust temperatures) reads a certain temperature. If the ESP never gets to that temperature it can keep the blower from coming on. If the stove is lighting and burning correctly the esp could be dirty which would make it take a long time for the dist. blower to come on or it is possible you have a bad control board that isn't working as it should.
Thanks

You are correct. We found the back of a remote in the auger and that was blocking pellets so the stove never heated up and dist fan never started. Works fine now. Thanks for your insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.