Help with Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swalz

Feeling the Heat
Jan 2, 2008
Newark, DE
I need help; I have a call into the dealer for service and I have been waiting 7 weeks for service now.
I posted before about a 5 blink error code and no fire with hopper full of pellets. I think that there is air being pulled in from somewhere also but not sure where; I have sealed the seams inside of the hopper and that seemed to help some. Just would like to get some suggestions on why the pellets would stop going down the chute and this has just started to happen allot recently. Last night it happen 5 times and I had to push the pellets down to get them to start to fall though the chute again. I just did a good cleaning on the stove a little over a week ago. I have had this problem with 2 different brands of pellets and I remove as much of the dust as I can before dumping into the hopper.

The Dealer is no help I have gone to the store front and called them several times; they have called me twice on the day they might be able to come out and wanted to know if some one would be home between 12:00 - 1:00. I told them each time I need more notice to schedule this with work and they have said is there a time that I will have a 4 day weekend available to schedule. They have also told me that they don't like doing service calls when they need to do new installs; I guess with that last one I should not expect service from them at all since they say they are booked with installs.

Any help would be Appreciated

Can you start fire manually with starter gell?

think I fixed the problem, don't think the agitator I think that is what it is, was moving like it should. Removed all the pellets and vacuumed out and lube with graphite and seems to be fine now.

Still have the air leak, heard it whistling when I started it up. Going to start yelling at dealer if he does not come and look at soon.

Does the xxv whistle when the glass top is open or closed?.My xxy had an air leak in one seam in the hopper and silicone fixed that. You have to narrow down the possible places the whistle may occur. A little dirt on either fan will put the fans out of balance.
Wayne in NS

samandlillie said:
Does the xxv whistle when the glass top is open or closed?.My xxy had an air leak in one seam in the hopper and silicone fixed that. You have to narrow down the possible places the whistle may occur. A little dirt on either fan will put the fans out of balance.
Wayne in NS

I already sealed thee seams in the hopper and it helped but think that air may be pulling in from the door. Only whistles when it starts to ignite, I can sometimes hear a hissing noise if I turn off the distribution fan. I already went to the dealer and insisted on a draft test that they should have done, I think Tuesday I will have to call and see if they are going to look at the stove like I requested. I might also put in a complaint with the BBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.