Help with install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weatherguy

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2009
Central Mass
I'm installing my new Progress Hybrid and I seem t have all the parts and know where they go, the one question I have is how does the tee connector connect to my flex liner? I bought a connector with the stove and it doesn't have that piece that you slide onto the liner and tighten the clamp, the liner just slips into the tee about an inch. Do I drill some holes and put a couple or three screws?

Use rivets not screws they are much more secure and wont wallow out like screws. If it is a light wall liner you will need backing washers or the rivets will just pull through to

Thanks Bholler, I was hoping you saw this thread, Ill take care of that tomorrow. Would I have been better off getting a tee with a clamp?

yeah but i usually back them up with rivets to

I had a liner connector already, must have have it for my Princess and didn't realize I took it off, I had to crimp the end to get it to fit but then I put in 3 rivets. Now the hard part, due to the shape of the throat of my chimney my liner doesn't come straight down but at a forward angle, we did cut as much out as we could to get it to fit the princess now that I'm using a tee I need it pretty straight, should I get a 15 degree angle to put at the end of the liner then connect to the tee?

Heres the tee with the connector
IMG_3879.jpg

See how the liner comes forward, that's as straight as I can get it, any ideas on hoe to get it straight?
IMG_3878.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.