Help with installing class a threw a metal roof?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
I know this question has been ask before but maybe some new member has done this project and can shed some light on the subject, I have a metal roof on my home it is a colored corrugated metal alot of people around here have went to kind of roofing, but anyway I will be installing a supervent chimmey kit and i also ordered a metal rubber boot flashing kit. has anyone use these kit or have a pic of the install or have some information on it

I have never personally installed a flashing like this, I have seen lots of these that leaked. We don't install them for that reason. You can get a flashing that is for metal roofs, operates like a shingle roof flashing. Your local hearth shop should have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.