Help with Kubota drawbar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jotul8e2

Minister of Fire
Feb 2, 2008
Ozarks
I have a Kubota with a drawbar that is just that - a bar. I was hoping someone would know an easy way to attach/detach a small utility trailer I have with a 2" ball hitch.

The drawbar is approximately 2" wide X 1" thick and has a 3/4" hole for mounting... whatever. I realize I could bolt in a 2" ball, but would like to come up with something that would go on and off quickly with a pin, rather than bolt on a ball every time I need it.

Does anyone know if such an attachment is made? Or do I need to cut and weld my own?

It is my considered opinion that the affairs of this country should be turned over to the members of this forum - you guys know everything!

However, I suddenly realized that the solution is far simpler; the draw bar is attached to a receiver by a pin - I just need a second bar.

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

It is my considered opinion that the affairs of this country should be turned over to the members of this forum - you guys know everything!
;lol;lol;lol
Just ask us....;)

Every draw bar I've dealt with had several holes in it. So you could mount a 2" ball in one, and still have 7 more holes left to do whatever you want with. A trailer doesn't have to be 100% centered behind you on a tractor, so the ball mount doesn't have to be in the middle hole if you need the middle hole for some thing else. Personally I wouldn't buy a second draw bar.

This particular bar runs longitudinally with the tractor chassis. It is nothing more than a 1'" x 2" bar with some holes in it that slides into a receiver. A ball would interfere with any other use in this case. But thank you for your suggestion. I will either buy another bar, or if orange paint is too expensive, just get a piece of steel and bore the holes myself.

I see, I assumed it wast this type of draw bar

draw-bar1.jpg

I have a Kubota with a drawbar that is just that - a bar. I was hoping someone would know an easy way to attach/detach a small utility trailer I have with a 2" ball hitch.

The drawbar is approximately 2" wide X 1" thick and has a 3/4" hole for mounting... whatever. I realize I could bolt in a 2" ball, but would like to come up with something that would go on and off quickly with a pin, rather than bolt on a ball every time I need it.

Does anyone know if such an attachment is made? Or do I need to cut and weld my own?

I went to tractor supply and purchased a build your own hitch receiver tube ($20). I welded that to my draw bar and can now insert ANYTHING that would go into the hitch of my truck onto my tractor as well. Just like removing something from the receiver in your truck, all you have to do is pull the pin and slide it out.

That was my solution.

IMG_20141107_140832.jpg

Here is a picture of what I did. Purchased a 2" receiver tube and welded it to the bottom of my drawbar (or top if you prefer). Now I can use a tri-ball, drop hitch, or any other attachment that works with my truck hitch.

Shame, I took off early today to go deer hunting and wanted to post this picture before I went in the woods.

View attachment 143568

Here is a picture of what I did. Purchased a 2" receiver tube and welded it to the bottom of my drawbar (or top if you prefer). Now I can use a tri-ball, drop hitch, or any other attachment that works with my truck hitch.

Shame, I took off early today to go deer hunting and wanted to post this picture before I went in the woods.

How are you going use it as a regular drawbar now, buy or make another drawbar?

All I have ever used that drawbar for is pulling around a little trailer. Like this I can take the tri-ball from my truck and voila!!

Maybe I haven't used it enough to know what else I should use it for. What else would I use it for?

We live on a farm so we use it for many things. The smallest tractor here is a Kubota L3940 41hp and a 2" will fit the hole in the drawbar on it. We've used the Kubota drawbar for, holding a clevis, raking hay, only once though, pulling a small grain drill, etc.

I just mounted one of these on my 3 pt. hitch. Pull trailers and also hold my winch that is mounted on a two inch bar for receiver hitches. I have a long two inch bar to use it to lift the end of logs for skidding.

tdrhd.jpg

We live on a farm so we use it for many things. The smallest tractor here is a Kubota L3940 41hp and a 2" will fit the hole in the drawbar on it. We've used the Kubota drawbar for, holding a clevis, raking hay, only once though, pulling a small grain drill, etc.
I can put a clevis into the receiver tube. I don't have any of the other stuff, so I guess it's no big deal to me.

I just mounted one of these on my 3 pt. hitch. Pull trailers and also hold my winch that is mounted on a two inch bar for receiver hitches. I have a long two inch bar to use it to lift the end of logs for skidding.
[/quote]
Thought about buying one of these, but it was cheaper for me to weld the tube to my bar.

Reactions: Grateful11
Thought about buying one of these, but it was cheaper for me to weld the tube to my bar.

For me it was cheaper than buying a welder and learning to weld. ;lol

Reactions: TreePointer

tdrhd.jpg
What's great about those is that you drop down your 3 pt. and back up and raise up the ball into your trailer and you're done.

Yep did that today for the first time. Sweet!

For me it was cheaper than buying a welder and learning to weld. ;lol
;lol;lol;lol;lol;lol

If you saw all the holes in my bush hog, it is cheaper for me to own a welder. The drawbar (and other projects) are just a happy offshoot.==c

I went to tractor supply and purchased a build your own hitch receiver tube ($20). I welded that to my draw bar and can now insert ANYTHING that would go into the hitch of my truck onto my tractor as well. Just like removing something from the receiver in your truck, all you have to do is pull the pin and slide it out.

That was my solution.

I would never put one that short because it's going to hit your tires and you can't turn very sharp.Curt15