Help with my dutchwest stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mikecapo

Nov 22, 2016
New York
Bracket on door that holds glass has broke... need to find new bracket, door or any help to fix. Need to fire stove soon before winter comes

Thank you for the link lake girl. It's hard to read the part numbers for the glass set up. Hoping there is a better PDF of the manual with the parts guide

Hey all. Just signed up. Been on my Consolidated Dutchwest Sequoia pre 90's for 3 years now. Found it locally on Long Island. Paid $200 for it. A steal. Transportation was on me, thank God for friends, a really good dolly, Ramps, and Some BIG friends for final placement. It wasn't the best maintained, all original. Since then I have done, or tried to do, a full gasket replacement. Couldn't remove a bunch of bolts to pull the top. Definitely needs drilling out. However, every other were able to change. Big difference. Last year had to use coal, didn't have enough time to produce wood for the winter. Wasn't aware the proper procedure was to remove the cat. My bad, wound up cooking the baffle, which in turn on firing this year and "Not" realizing the baffle was one third gone, lost the cat. Anyway, I was able to pull 2 bolts of the old baffle, 2 sheared.. New one did mount on well, new cat but I believe it to be small. Its 6", it sits in but as I see it not completely right. I believe it should be 7" ? Today I tried to replace the thermometer probe.... Well 3hrs later... Done. It was original.. Love this stove.

This is it.

Attachments

• 1543100877067927304590327554578.jpg
    1543100877067927304590327554578.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 684