Help with older Jutol Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al15

Sep 29, 2008
Up north WI
Purchased a used Jutol Model (per id plate) Firelight DV NG. Not DV !!. Seen unit working fine prior to removal.
The back on this unit is flat not like the newer units that have the upper part at an angle. The venting started with a 45 off the stove and then the pipe went up through a chimmney. I want to install with the vent going directly out the back horizontally. I purchased a 36" snorkel. My issue is with the starter collar. I have been to the dealer twice and the only thing he suggested was to cut down a piece of pipe to fit to the back of the unit. I tried to get a manual from the Jotul site but that didnt seem to work. I called Duravent from whom I purchased the snorkel and was told the collar or adapter is a propriatory item available only from Jutol. Yet the dealer seemed to have no knowledge of this. Would someone know what the specific part number I need for this. Also where I might get a manual for this unit.
Thanks.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.